Local News

IVFD Crews Extinguished Chimney Flue Fire on Logan Cut Drive Last Weekend

The Illinois Valley Fire District put out a flue fire in the Cave Junction area last weekend.

On Sunday at 2:40 p.m., IVFD crews were dispatched to a reported chimney fire on Logan Cut Drive.

IVFD officials said arriving units found light gray smoke showing from the eaves of the residence. Crews quickly went to work and cooled off the chimney and contained the fire. There was no extension to the rest of the home.

Officials remind anyone who uses wood heat to stay warm during the winter to have their chimney inspected regularly by a licensed professional.
Posted on 1/23/24 6:13AM by Sam Marsh