KAJO ON FB NEWS TWEETS Realty Executives
  • Home
  • News & Weather
  • Features
  • On Air
  • Calendars
  • Info
kajo logo
Careless smoking sparks shop fire
Careless smoking sparked a fire in a 650-square-foot detached shop at approximately 7:29 p.m. Saturday at 8153 Monument Drive.

Rural/Metro Fire Department and Grants Pass Fire Rescue responded to the scene with three engines, two tenders and 12 firefighters and they managed to knock down the blaze in approximately 10 minutes.

Investigators determined that the fire originated from a cigarette that burned a recliner chair. Damages are estimated at $5,000.

No injuries were reported from the incident.
Posted on 6/9/14 8:19AM by Jared Dill