Fire on Oak Street destroys shed and damages several other properties
A fire at 416 S.W. Oak St. in Grants Pass destroyed a shed and damaged a home, another shed and a car today at roughly 10:00 a.m.
According to Grants Pass Fire Rescue Inspector Joe Hyatt, a homeowner was burning weeds in his backyard with a propane torch and after he finished the work he watched the area for about 20 minutes before going inside his residence. 10 minutes later, his neighbor came to his door to tell him that his shed was on fire.
The burning shed scorched the homeowner’s residence, a nearby shed and a nearby car.
25 personnel from Grants Pass Fire Rescue, Rural/Metro and American Medical Response responded to the scene.