Smoke Detector Alerted Medford Woman to House Fire
A smoke detector alerted a Medford woman in time for her to escape her burning home without injury early Tuesday morning.
Rosalie Sable’s home, at 855 Mindy Sue, sustained fire damage to the living room. There was severe smoke damage throughout the residence. Damage is estimated at $15,000.
Ms. Sable has insurance and is currently staying with family. Her four cats perished from smoke inhalation.
Medford fire and rescue controlled the fire in about ten minutes and credited the working smoke detector to saving the woman’s life.