Homeowner injured by barbecue fire
The propane tank on a barbecue exploded at 5242 Williams Highway in Murphy at approximately 7:18 p.m. Sunday causing injury to the homeowner and catching the home and several vehicles on fire.
According to Rural Metro Fire Department, fire crews from around the county responded to the scene and managed to keep the fire from spreading to adjacent residences although it did scorch some nearby wildlands.
The homeowner was transported to the hospital for burns. A firefighter was also treated and released Sunday evening for heat exhaustion.
Although initial reports indicate the barbecue fire spread to the home, authorities are still investigating the incident.