Investigators are trying to determine what caused a fire to spark up at approximately 1:30 p.m. today in a single room of a boarding house located at 303 I St. near the intersection of 4th Street in Grants Pass.
Battalion Chief Lawless with Grants Pass Fire Rescue supplied these details, “We arrived on scene with light smoke showing, in route, getting some information there were people inside and so we took significant quick action, got inside, found the scene of the fire and put that piece out.”
The cause of the fire was determined to have been electrical in nature, resulting from a worn down "zip" type extension cord. Public Safety reminds all citizens to use only U.L. approved electrical cords.
Three fire engines from Grants Pass Fire Rescue responded to the scene and no injuries were reported.