Candle Ignites Trailer Blaze
A fire destroyed a travel trailer in White City yesterday send the female resident to the hospital with smoke inhalation.
Fourteen firefighters in three engines responded to the blaze and extinguished the fire’s spread into an adjacent trailer which experienced burned siding and broken windows. A car parked in the driveway was also damaged. It took about ten minutes to knock down the initial blaze.
According to the public information officer for Fire District Number 3 the fire was started by a burning candle that got out of control when the woman fell asleep.
People are encouraged, when they use candles, to make sure they’re on a noncombustible surface and made sure it is out before retiring or leaving it unattended.