KAJO ON FB NEWS TWEETS Realty Executives
  • Home
  • News & Weather
  • Features
  • On Air
  • Calendars
  • Info
kajo logo
TIMER - TEMPLATE - Place Script between head and body tags - ADD THREE HOURS
Marie Calendarís Fire Caused by Electrical Failure
The origin and cause of the Marie Calendar's restaurant fire has been determined. Fire Investigators discovered the fire began in the attic space above the office area. The fire was caused by an electrical failure.

The fire which consumed the building and contents last Saturday morning displaced employees and caused approximately $2 million in losses. There were no civilian or firefighter casualties associated with the incident.

The structure was built in 1984 and not protected with an automatic fire sprinkler system. If the restaurant was built today, it would be required by code to be protected with an automatic fire sprinkler system which most likely would have suppressed the fire and the business would be open after a short cleanup period.
Posted by Chuck Benson